We are currently accepting applications for Summer interns!
A Red Orchid interns gain valuable hands-on experience while assisting the Administrative Staff with the day-to-day management of one of Chicago’s most intimate Equity theatres. Outside of general office and facilities duties, interns will assist with all areas of the theater, including:
- MARKETING: Reviewing season scripts, researching, brainstorming and implementing appropriate marketing strategies including social media initiatives, street marketing and group promotions.
- DEVELOPMENT: Researching available grants monies, assisting with writing of grant narratives, meeting submission deadlines and maintaining A Red Orchid’s database of donors, patrons and company associates.
- CASTING: Updating our archive of actor headshots as specified by the Artistic Director, contacting actors to schedule audition times and managing scheduled auditions.
- BOX OFFICE: Answering phones, taking reservations, assembling programs and seating patrons.
- ARTISTIC DEVELOPMENT: Researching and reporting on current theatrical trends and shows nationally and internationally. Reading new play submissions, discussing and providing synopsis and feedback to aid in season selection and selecting new works to develop.
**PLEASE NOTE** these are not separate internships, it is one internship that involves all of the different focuses listed above.
Arts Administration interns should expect to commit at least 10 hours (and up to 20 hours) per week during regular business hours (12pm-5pm). Daytime scheduling is flexible to accommodate students’ course work, and evening or weekend hours can be arranged occasionally. The term of the internship is one academic semester, and we are happy to arrange college credit to meet degree requirements. While the internship position is otherwise unpaid, interns are entitled to complimentary tickets to A Red Orchid Theatre productions and often by association to other area theaters.
Please send a letter of interest and your resume to:
Managing Director, Abigail Madden
MacArthur Award 2016
As many of you have heard, A Red Orchid Theatre has been named one of the 14 recipients of this year’s MacArthur Award for Creative & Effective Institutions. We …read more
Season 24 Announcement
FALL 2016 The Room By Harold Pinter Directed by Ensemble Member Dado Featuring Ensemble Members Kirsten Fitzgerald & Mierka Girten September 29 – November 13, 2016 Previews 9/29-10/2 ~ Press …read more